You are welcome to visit Drumthwacket.
Schedule your visit today!
Drumthwacket is open on Wednesdays for guided tours with the exception of the holidays and summer months. Please register for a Wednesday guided tour by following the link below and selecting an available date.
Please note that the 2013 Holiday Open Houses are going to be held on: Wednesday, December 4, Sunday, December 8, and Wednesday, December 11. The house will be decorated for the holidays and our guided tour will be replaced by an open house format.
Guided tours of Drumthwacket, taking approximately 45 minutes, include the six public rooms that the Governor of New Jersey uses for meetings and receptions. The rooms include the center hall, dining room, parlor, music room, library, and Governor's study. Also included is the solarium, gateway to the lovely Drumthwacket gardens. The tour showcases New Jersey's cultural heritage, including art, history, architecture and antiques. The tours are conducted by our extremely knowledgeable volunteer Docents. After the tour of the residence is completed, guests may walk through the gardens and also visit the Olden House, the original restored farmhouse on the property and home of the Drumthwacket Foundation office. Please allow about 90 minutes for your visit to Drumthwacket.
Parking is available on site.
Reservations are necessary. Please schedule at least one week ahead. Tours are subject to last minute cancellation.
can I make a reservation?
Group tours: We schedule our group tours(15 persons or more)at specific assigned times on Wednesday mornings. Groups must call our tour line 609-683-0057, extension #5, to make reservations.
Although we do not charge a commercial bus fee, we do request a $5 per person donation with payment due on the date of the tour. However, for all holiday open house dates, payment is requested at least one week in advance of the scheduled visit. Coach buses may park on the property for the duration of the stay.
Individuals can tour Drumthwacket during a Public tour on Wednesday’s at 1:00 PM. Preregistration is required by checking our tour schedule for available dates. To make your reservation for a regular Wednesday guided 1PM tour or for a Holiday Open House, please click here.
Is there a charge to visit Drumthwacket? There is no charge to visit Drumthwacket.
Security and other procedures at Drumthwacket:
- Those making reservations must provide complete names, addresses and telephone numbers of everyone in the group.
- Photo ID is required and will be verified by the State Police officers on duty.
- For your protection no large purses, backpacks or totes are allowed. Please leave them at home, or in your locked vehicle, or they will be subject to inspection.No photography is permitted inside Drumthwacket.
- Museum rules apply: no food or drink may be taken into the house.
- Please turn off your cell phones and pagers.
- No Pets. A person with a disability may be accompanied by a service or guide dog.